First Things First
- Eating: If you haven't eaten for several hours please have a light healthy snack within one hour of your RUN-FIT training session to be sure your blood sugar levels don't drop too low. Try fruit, milk or a hand full of plain nuts etc.
- Water: Always remember to bring water and extra water if attend both Boot Camp and RUN-FIT.
- Attending both Boot Camp and RUN-FIT: It'll be a good idea to bring along a couple pieces of fruit to help recover your energy levels between your training sessions.
- Exercise mats: You may bring an optional mat to exercise on in the wetter/cold weather.
- Towels: Bring a towel or large bin bag for you to sit on in your car for your journey home, so your car seats don'e get muddy or wet.
- Excess kit: Please refrain from bringing hand bags, back packs and heavy coats as we may move to other areas for training and these items will hinder the session. However any keys, inhalers and wallets etc can be place in the instructor's back pack for the duration of the RUN-FIT session.
Cold Weather Clothing
- Clothing: Thin Layers are always better than a few heavy pieces. No matter what the weather you’ll always get hot when exercising.
- Thermals: Running leggings, long sleeve thermal base layer with a T-shirt over the top. If it’s raining then just use a light weight jacket. Remember woolly gloves will soak up the wet so maybe try leather gloves or long fingered cycling/running gloves. Bring a hat or running head band - if you get too hot you can easily take your hat off and put in your pocket.
- Trainers: If you are going to invest in a new pair of trainers then try hybrid trainers which will have superior tread for running on grass. Hybrid trainers offer you the best of both for trail and road running.
- Cold feet? Try two pairs of socks.
Keep yourself hydrated during your training sessions and bring a bottle of water. However don't worry if you do forget your water as bottled water is now available on the day at just £1.00.
Got a question about our RUN-FIT training?
We also have a comprehensive FAQs section about all things RUN-FIT here and you can also join in on our Facebook page and talk to other RUN-FITTERS about our sessions.